The OSHA and CBPP Alliance focuses on encouraging the advancement of workplace safety and health as a topic for education in business schools' curricula and facilitating dialog on workplace safety and health issues. The Alliance's goals include:
Training and education
- Facilitating an active dialogue on safety and health issues by supporting an annual Workplace Safety Summit held at Georgetown University.
- Participating in the CBPP's ongoing Industry, Policy, and Safety Seminar Series.
- Encouraging the development of sound research by business and economic scholars to investigate the economic and ethical dimensions of workplace safety and health.
- Exploring opportunities for educating the current executive workforce in the business value and competitive advantage associated with excellence in safety and health.
Outreach and communication
- Participating in working group meetings that explore workplace safety and health and other policy issues and create networks of mutual interest.