The OSHA, BCSP and CCHEST Alliance focuses on providing information and guidance and access to training resources regarding the value of safety and health professionalism and accredited certifications. The organizations will use their collective expertise to help enhance safety professionals' education and professional expertise and promote the value of increasing safety competency in the workplace. The Alliance's goals include:
Training and education
- Work with OSHA to provide expertise to develop job performance metrics for safety and health professionals and to develop safety curricula.
Outreach and communication
- Work with OSHA to develop materials and programs to promote the awareness of and the value and benefits of achieving safety and health certifications and to provide expertise in developing ways of communicating such information (e.g. print and electronic media, electronic assistance tools and OSHA's, BCSP's and CCHEST's Web sites) to employers and employees in the industry.
- Share information among OSHA personnel and industry safety and health professionals regarding safety and health certification through outreach by BCSP and CCHEST or OSHA developed materials, workshops, seminars, and lectures.
- Work with other Alliance participants on safety and health certification issues.
Promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health
- Develop and disseminate case studies illustrating the business value of safety and health certification and publicize the results.