Through the Alliance, OSHA and AWEA will provide AWEA affiliates and others with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them 1) protect the health and safety of workers, particularly by reducing and preventing exposure to fall, electrical, and crane hazards, and 2) understand the rights of workers and the responsibilities of employers under the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSH Act). The Alliance's goals include:
Raising Awareness of OSHA's Rulemaking and Enforcement Initiatives
- To share information on occupational safety and health laws and standards, including the rights and responsibilities of workers and employers.
- To convene or participate in forums, roundtable discussions, or stakeholder meetings on fall, electrical, and crane hazards in wind energy industry maintenance and operations to help forge innovative solutions in the workplace or to provide input on safety and health issues.
Training and Education
- To develop effective training and education programs for workers in the wind energy industry regarding fall, electrical, and crane hazards in maintenance and operations, and to communicate such information to constituent employers and workers.
Outreach and Communication
- To develop information on the recognition and prevention of workplace hazards, and to develop ways of communicating such information (e.g., print and electronic media, electronic assistance tools, and OSHA's and the AWEA's Web sites) to employers and workers in the industry.
- To speak, exhibit, or appear at OSHA's or AWEA's conferences, local meetings, or other events.
- To share information among OSHA personnel and industry safety and health professionals regarding AWEA's good practices or effective approaches through training programs, workshops, seminars, and lectures (or any other applicable forum) developed by the participants.