The OSHA and PLANET Alliance will focus on providing large and small landscape industry businesses and their employees, including but not limited to youth workers, "hard-to reach" and non-English speaking workers, with information and guidance that will help them reduce strains caused by manual material handling; amputations; motor vehicle crashes; as well as slip and trip injuries. The Alliance's goals include:
Training and education
- Work with OSHA to provide expertise to develop and deliver safety training materials designed to meet the needs of the diverse workforce, using appropriate language, media, and delivery methods.
Outreach and communication
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at OSHA's or PLANET's conferences, local meetings, or other events such as the Green Industry Conference, Green Industry Exposition, Student Career Days, Specialty Symposiums or other events.
- Promote and encourage PLANET members' or worksites' participation in OSHA's cooperative programs such as compliance assistance, the Voluntary Protection Programs, and the Consultation Program and its Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program.
- Share information among OSHA personnel and industry safety and health professionals regarding PLANET's best practices or effective approaches and publicize results through outreach by PLANET and through OSHA- or PLANET developed materials, training programs, workshops, seminars and lectures (or any applicable forum).
Promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health
- Convene or participate in forums, round table discussions, or stakeholder meetings on green industry issues to help forge innovative solutions in the workplace or to provide input on safety and health issues.