Through the Alliance, OSHA and ADA agree to provide ADA members and others with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them protect employees' health and safety, particularly in reducing and preventing exposure to ergonomic hazards. The Alliance's goals include:
Outreach and Communication goals
- Work with OSHA to provide expertise in developing information on the recognition and prevention of musculoskeletal disorders, and to provide expertise in developing ways of communicating such information (e.g. print and electronic media, electronic assistance tools and OSHA?s and the ADA?s Web sites) to employers and employees in the industry.
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at OSHA's or ADA's conferences, local meetings, or other events, such as the ADA Annual Session, and meetings of the Council on Dental Practice.
- Share information among OSHA personnel and industry safety and health professionals regarding ADA?s best practices or effective approaches and publicize results through outreach by ADA and through OSHA- or ADA-developed materials, training programs, workshops, seminars, and lectures (or any other applicable forum).
- Work with other Alliance participants on specific issues and projects on ergonomics that are addressed and developed through the Alliance Program.
Promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health
- Develop and disseminate case studies illustrating the business value of safety and health and publicize their results.