The OSHA and the AAOS Alliance focuses on helping industries and workers by educating and serving as a resource to AAOS members, industry, workers, and OSHA personnel in reducing and preventing exposure to ergonomic hazards. The Alliance's goals include:
Outreach and communication
- Develop and disseminate information at conferences, events, and through print and electronic media, including links from OSHA's and AAOS' Web sites.
- Speak and exhibit at conferences or other events, such as the AAOS Annual Meeting or AAOS Workers' Compensation Course, to promote the effectiveness of OSHA's approach to addressing ergonomics.
- Educate OSHA personnel on current research initiatives and identifying workplace hazards.
- OSHA will work with AAOS as AAOS develops a clearinghouse of training and education information on ergonomic issues.
Promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health
- Encourage AAOS members to act as liaisons and resources for OSHA's cooperative programs.
- Share information supporting the solutions to ergonomic hazards developed by AAOS, as well as examples of hazard recognition strategies and analytical tools, with OSHA and others. Promote their implementation through print or electronic media, conferences, or other means of reaching out to other constituents.
- Convene or participate in forums and roundtable discussions on ergonomic problems to help forge innovative solutions to ergonomic issues in the workplace.