By renewing the Alliance, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and AAFA will continue to use their collective expertise to help foster a culture of injury and illness prevention by sharing best practices and technical safety and health knowledge, especially in the area of ergonomics. The Alliance's goals include:
Training and education:
- Develop and deliver training and education programs on ergonomics issues.
- Cross-train OSHA personnel and industry safety and health professionals in AAFA ergonomics programs or best practices, as determined by OSHA and AAFA.
Outreach and communication:
- Develop and disseminate information and guidance through print and electronic media, particularly the AAFA and OSHA Web sites.
- Disseminate information and guidance in applicable foreign languages.
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at conferences, local meetings, or other events to promote the effectiveness of ergonomics programs.
Promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health:
- Encouraging AAFA members to act as industry liaisons and resources for OSHA's cooperative programs and Compliance Assistance Specialists.
- Share information on best practices of AAFA members, as determined by OSHA and AAFA, with others in the industry.