- Safety and Health Topics
This section highlights OSHA standards, preambles to final rules (background to final rules), and directives (instruction to OSHA staff).
General Industry (29 CFR 1910)
- 1910 Subpart B, Adoption and extension of established federal standards
- 1910.16, Longshoring and marine terminals
- 1910 Subpart D, Walking-working surfaces
- 1910 Subpart Q, Welding, cutting, and brazing [related topic page]
- 1910 Subpart R, Special industries
Shipyard Employment (29 CFR 1915)
- 1915 Subpart E, Scaffolds, ladders and other working surfaces
- 1915 Subpart G, Gear and equipment for rigging and materials handling
- 1915 Subpart P, Fire protection in shipyard employment
- 1915.509, Definitions applicable to this subpart
Marine Terminals (29 CFR 1917)
1917 Subpart A, Scope and definitions
- 1917.1, Scope and applicability
- 1917 Subpart F, Terminal facilities
Longshoring (29 CFR 1918)
Preambles to Final Rules
- Shipyard Employment "Tool Bag" Directive. CPL 02-00-157, (April 1, 2014). Provides OSHA offices, interested industry representatives, State Plan programs and federal agencies with guidance concerning the application of occupational safety and health standards in shipyard employment. Also, this instruction provides current information and ensures the consistent enforcement of OSHA's shipyard employment standards (29 CFR Part 1915).
- Longshoring and Marine Terminal "Tool Shed" Directive. CPL 02-00-154, (July 31, 2012). Provides consistent information and ensures consistent enforcement of OSHA's marine cargo handling industry standards.