- Safety and Health Topics
Heat-related illnesses can be prevented. Prevention requires employers and workers to recognize heat hazards. Management should commit to:
- Take extra precautions to protect new workers.
- Train supervisors and workers to control and recognize heat hazards.
- Determine, for each worker throughout each workday, whether total heat stress is too high, both from the conditions of that day and recognizing carryover effect possibilities.
- Implement engineering and administrative controls to reduce heat stress.
- Provide sufficient rest, shade, and fluids.
You can learn more about these preventive measures by exploring the links on this page.