- Safety and Health Topics
- A Guide to Heat Stress in Agriculture. OSHA and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), (May 1993). A guide to help pesticide applicators and agricultural employers set up and operate a heat stress control program.
- Migrant Farm Worker Dies From Heat Stroke While Working on a Tobacco Farm - North Carolina. National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) FACE Report 2006-04, (August 2007).
- Heat-Related Deaths Among Crop Workers-United States, 1992-2006. Centers for Disease Control MMWR weekly report 57(24): 649-653.
- Hazard Evaluation for Heat Exposure of Baggage Screeners. Health Hazard Evaluation Report 2004-0334-3017, Transportation Security Administration: Palm Beach International.
- Working in Hot Weather (Construction). Center to Protect Workers' Rights (CPWR).
Emergency Response and Cleanup
- Heat Stress. OSHA. Emergency Preparedness and Response Health and Safety Guide.
- Occupational Safety and Health Guidance Manual for Hazardous Waste Site Activities, Chapter 8. NIOSH/OSHA/USCG/EPA, (1985).
- Nobody Likes It Hot: Preventing Heat Stress in At-Risk Workers. OSHA and The Joint Commission/Joint Commission Resources (JCR) Alliance, (June 2011). JCR developed an article on heat related illnesses, including signs and symptoms of various illnesses and prevention and treatment tactics.
- Heat Illness Prevention & Sun Safety. U.S. Army Public Health Command web page.
- Prevention and Treatment of Heat and Cold Stress Injuries. Navy Environmental Health Center Technical Manual NEHC-TM-OEM 6260.6A, (June 2007).
- OSHA Technical Manual (OTM) Chapter – Heat Stress. OSHA Directive TED 01-00-015 [TED 1-0.15A], (September 15, 2017). Includes useful sections on heat illness, prevention programs, assessment and screening for heat stress in the workplace.
- Protecting Yourself From Heat Stress. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Publication No. 2010-114, (April 2010). Fast Facts pocket card.
- Occupational Safety and Health Guidance Manual for Hazardous Waste Site Activities. NIOSH/OSHA/USCG/EPA Chapter 8, (1985). Provides guidance for performing physiological monitoring of workers at hot worksites.
- Ramsey, J. D., F. N. Dukes-Dobos, and T. E. Bernard. "Evaluation and control of hot working environments: Part I -- Guidelines for the practitioner." International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics 14(1994): 119-127. Provides a review of guidelines for practitioners in the evaluation and control of hot working environments.
- Ramsey, J. D., F. N. Dukes-Dobos, and T. E. Bernard. "Evaluation and control of hot working environments: Part II -- Knowledge base for guide." International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics 14(1994): 129-138. Includes a review of the scientific basis of the guidelines for the evaluation and control of hot working environments.
- Beat the Heat. Centers for Disease Control. Podcast discussing symptoms of heat-related illnesses and how to prevent them.
- WetBulb Globe Temperature Tool. National Weather Service.