- Safety and Health Topics
This section highlights directives (instruction to OSHA staff) and letters of interpretation (official letters of interpretation of the standards) related to cadmium.
Directives (Instructions for Compliance Officers)
- Recordkeeping Policies and Procedures Manual. This directive is a manual for recordkeeping compliance policies and procedures.
- Rules and Agency Procedures and Practices Concerning OSHA Access to Employee Medical Records. This directive provides guidance to OSHA personnel concerning application of the rules of Agency practice and procedure set forth at 29 CFR 1913.10 when accessing personally identifiable employee medical records.
Letters of Interpretation (Official Letters of Interpretations of Standards)
- The PEL for cadmium at dry color formulator operations (October 15, 1999).
- Abrasive blasting monitoring requirements and sampling procedures (August 13, 1999).
- Low urinary creatinine levels (March 5, 1996).
- Medical surveillance provision of the Cadmium standard for previously exposed employees (October 19, 1994).
- Labeling, training and material safety data sheet and the Hazard Communication standard (October 6, 1994).
- Interpretation on the Cadmium Standard with Respect to Interpreting Air Sampling Data for Establishing Acceptable Work Areas For Medically Removed Workers (August 11, 1994).
- Cadmium biological monitoring (June 15, 1994).
- Labeling required if the content of cadmium is 0.1 percent or greater (April 26, 1994).