OSHA Fall from a Telecommunications Tower (PDF*). OSHA FATAL Facts No. 7, (2014).
OSHA Fall Prevention Training Guide – A Lesson Plan for Employers (PDF*). A Spanish version (PDF*) is also available.
OSHA Alliance Program Toolbox talks and Training products
- Aerial Devices and Elevating Equipment
- Fall Protection
- Ladder Safety
- Toolbox Talk: Fall Protection (PDF*). A Spanish version (PDF*) is also available.
Scaffolding: Narrow Frame Scaffolds Fact Sheet (PDF*). (OSHA 3722 - 2014).
Material Hoist Collapse (PDF*). OSHA FATAL Facts No. 8, (2014).
Prevention Videos (v-Tools)
- Falls in Construction
- Fall Protection: Roofing. Washington State Video.
- Fall Protection: Trusses. Washington State Video.
American Ladder Institute: American Ladder Institute provided by the American Ladder Institute includes step ladders, single ladders, extension ladders, articulated ladders and mobile ladder sessions. Now available in Spanish.
- Roofer Falls 20 Feet from Roof (PDF). Washington Report: 71-139-2015, (September 2015).
- Fatality Narrative as slideshow (PDF).
- Hispanic Roofer's Fall Protection Failed Causing Him to Fall 29.91 Feet to his Death, Kentucky. NIOSH, Kentuck Case Report: 14KY030, (July 2015).
- Horse Breeder Falls 11-12 Feet from Hayloft When Throwing Hay Bale - Michigan. NIOSH, Michigan Case Report: 12MI281, (July 2015).
- Two Construction Workers Fall to Their Death through Temporary Wooden Bridge Platforms (PDF). New Jersey Department of Health.
Massachusetts Health and Human Resources: Fall Prevention for Construction Workers
- Safety Pays, Falls Cost: Falls in construction can be prevented
- Falls: The Leading Killer on Construction Sites (PDF). A Haitian Creole version (PDF), Portuguese version (PDF), and Español version (PDF) are also available.
- Ladder Safety for Residential Construction Contractors (PDF). A Haitian Creole version (PDF), Portuguese version (PDF), and Español version (PDF) are also available.
- Scaffold Safety for Residential Construction Contractors (PDF). Portuguese version (PDF) and Español version (PDF) are also available.
- NEW Fall Protection in Construction (PDF*). OSHA Publication 3146, (2015).
- NEW Protecting Roofing Workers (PDF*). OSHA Publication 3755, (2015).
- Fall Protection Resource for New Home Construction. CPWR through NIOSH.
*Accessibility Assistance: Contact OSHA's Directorate of Construction at (202) 693-2020 for assistance accessing PDF materials.
All other documents, that are not PDF materials or formatted for the web, are available as Microsoft Office® formats and videos and are noted accordingly. If additional assistance is needed with reading, reviewing or accessing these documents or any figures and illustrations, please also contact OSHA's Directorate of Construction at (202) 693-2020.
**eBooks - EPUB is the most common format for e-Books. If you use a Sony Reader, a Nook, or an iPad you can download the EPUB file format. If you use a Kindle, you can download the MOBI file format.Back to Top