Skip to main content
Motor Vehicle Safety
Related Safety and Health Topics Pages
- Traffic Safety in Marine Terminals. OSHA Publication 3337, (2007). Helps the maritime industry avoid traffic accidents and prevent or reduce work-related fatalities and injuries.
- Every Belt -- Every Ride (PDF). OSHA and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Provides online information on motor vehicle safety.
- Operating Motor Vehicles: A Guide for Employees in the Automotive Repair Industry. Coordinating Committee For Automotive Repair (CCAR). This training guide is a product of the OSHA and CCAR Alliance. It was designed to help employees in the automotive repair industry understand their responsibilities while driving a motor vehicle for their company, recognize the "4 A's of Defensive Driving", and identify the significance of the "No Zone."
- Share the Road Safely. Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). Works to improve the knowledge of all highway users to minimize the likelihood of a crash with a large truck, and reduce the consequences of those that do occur. Educates people about how to prevent accidents, injuries, and deaths by sharing the road safely with other types of vehicles.
- Z15 Standard for Motor Vehicle Operations. American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and the American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE). Recommends practices for the safe operation of motor vehicles owned or operated by organizations including: definitions; management, leadership and administration; operational environment; vehicle considerations and incident reporting and analysis.
- Transportation Practice Specialty. American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE). Provides a variety of resources and links those interested in transportation safety to leading transportation safety experts.
- Dangers of Roll-Overs of Riding Mowers. OSHA guidance providing information on riding mower safety.