Standard Interpretations are letters or memos written in response to public inquiries or field office inquiries regarding how some aspect of or terminology in an OSHA standard or regulation is to be interpreted and enforced by the Agency. These letters provide guidance to clarify the application of an established OSHA standard, policy, or procedure, but they may not, in themselves, establish or revise OSHA policy or procedure or interpret the OSH Act. They must specifically cite the source policy or procedure document they interpret.
- 1905.11 - Comments on Variance Application Number 2293. - 09/18/1995
- 1905.11 - Request for a permanent variance and interim order. - 05/25/1995
- 1905.11 - Required Frequency of Periodic Wire Rope Inspections for Lifting Equipment - 02/05/1992
- 1905.11 - Review of Variance Request Number 2276 - 05/30/1995
- 1905.11 - Variance Informational Handout. - 06/16/1993
- 1905.11(b)(4) - Application for permanent variance from 1926.451(a)(4) and 1926.451(b)(11) - 12/01/1989
- 1905.11(b)(4) - Request for variance from digester building exit requirements. - 05/29/1996