- Part Number:1926
- Part Number Title:Safety and Health Regulations for Construction
- Subpart:1926 Subpart R
- Subpart Title:Steel Erection
- Standard Number:
- GPO Source:
The following provisions supplement the requirements of § 1926.21 regarding the hazards addressed in this subpart.
Fall hazard training. The employer shall train each employee exposed to a fall hazard in accordance with the requirements of this section. The employer shall institute a training program and ensure employee participation in the program. The program shall include training and instruction in the following areas:
(1) The recognition and identification of fall hazards in the work area;
(2) The use and operation of guardrail systems (including perimeter safety cable systems), personal fall arrest systems, positioning device systems, fall restraint systems, safety net systems, and other protection to be used;
(3) The correct procedures for erecting, maintaining, disassembling, and inspecting the fall protection systems to be used;
(4) The procedures to be followed to prevent falls to lower levels and through or into holes and openings in walking/working surfaces and walls; and
(5) The fall protection requirements of this subpart.
The establishment, access, proper installation techniques and work practices required by § 1926.760(c) and § 1926.754(e).
[66 FR 5273, Jan. 18, 2001; 73 FR 75589, Dec. 12, 2008; 85 FR 8745, Feb 18, 2020]