Indoor Air Quality
OSHA Letters of Interpretation related to IAQ
- 2002 - 08/01/2002 - Record retention requirements for indoor air quality documents and reports
- 2003 - 02/24/2003 - Reiteration of Existing OSHA Policy on Indoor Air Quality: Office Temperature/Humidity and Environmental Tobacco Smoke
Many states have guidance on indoor air quality. Check your state health department website. Here are links to more information on indoor air quality from some states:
- Indoor Environmental Quality. National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Workplace Safety and Health Topics.
- Healthier Workplaces: Indoor Air Quality. American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA), (2023). Provides information and resources to address air quality issues and improve health and comfort.
- Indoor Air Quality Tools. American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) and The Integrated Bioscience and Built Environment Consortium (IBEC). Identifies science-based indoor air quality tools to make workplaces safer from infectious diseases.
- The Value of IAQ: A review of the scientific evidence supporting the benefits of investing in better indoor air quality. American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA), (2020). Discusses the impacts, the benefits, and the return on investments for building owners and operators that proactively improve indoor air quality.
- Mendell MJ., Brennan T., et al. "Causes and prevention of symptom complaints in office buildings: Distilling the experiences of indoor environmental quality investigators". Facilities. 2006; 24(11/12): 436-44. Provides recommendations from the experience of indoor environmental quality investigators.