Lead: Secondary Lead Smelter eTool
Local Exhaust Ventilation Diagrams » Filtered, Tempered, Supplied-Air Cab
- Q = 100 scfm/sq ft of cab cross-sectional
- v face = 100 fpm at breathing zone
- sp reg = typically 5-6" w.g.
- Distribute air evenly across cab cross-section.
- Provide temperature controls at operators station.
- Provide for rapid filter change.
- Improved Cab Air Inlet Location Reduces Dust Levels and Air Filter Loading Rates
- Floor Heaters Can Increase Operator's Dust Exposure in Enclosed Cabs
- Sweeping Compound Application Reduces Dust From Soiled Floors Within Enclosed Operator Cabs