Sampling and Analytical Methods
These procedures were designed and tested for internal use by OSHA personnel. Mention of any company name or commercial product does not constitute endorsement by OSHA. They are subject to revision and modification at any time. Method users are encouraged to check the webpage to verify that any printed copy of a method is the current procedure.
Index of Sampling and Analytical Methods
This is an alphabetical list of chemicals that have either a validated or partially validated OSHA method. Some chemicals may be listed by their common synonym. The index includes the method number, validation status, CAS no., analytical instrument and sampling device. A key for abbreviations is located at the end of the index.
Protocols for Methods Evaluation
- Validation Guidelines for Air Sampling Methods Utilizing Chromatographic Analysis
- Evaluation Guidelines for Air Sampling Methods Utilizing Spectroscopic Analysis
- Method Evaluation Guidelines for Surface Sampling Methods
Most Requested Methods (March 2019)
- Carbon Monoxide in Workplace Atmospheres (Direct-Reading Monitor) [ID-209]
- Classification of Soils for Excavations [ID-194]
- Acid Mist In Workplace Atmospheres [ID-165SG]
- Metal & Metalloid Particulates In Workplace Atmospheres (Atomic Absorption) [ID-121]
- Diisocyanates 
- Carbon Monoxide In Workplace Atmospheres [ID-210]