- American Nurses Association: "Safe Patient Handling and Mobility," and "Safe Patient Handling and Mobility: Interprofessional National Standards" (2013)
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration: "Safe Patient Handling and Movement"
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health: "Safe Patient Handling"
- OSHA: "Safe Patient Handling" and "OSHA's $afety Pays Program"
- The Joint Commission: Improving Patient and Worker Safety (2012)
- New York State Zero Lift Task Force
- Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry: "Workplace Safety Consultation—Safe-Patient-Handling Legislation, Resources"
- Washington State Department of Labor & Industry: "Safe Patient Handling"
- Nelson, A. 2006. Safe Patient Handling and Movement: A Practical Guide for Health Care Professionals. Springer Publishing Company.
- Nelson, A., K. Motacki, and N. Menzel. 2009. The Illustrated Guide to Safe Patient Handling and Movement. Springer Publishing Company.
- Gorman, T., et al. 2013. Controlling Health Hazards to Hospital Workers: A Reference Guide*. New Solutions: A Journal of Environmental and Occupational Health Policy.
Accessibility Assistance: Contact OSHA's Directorate of Standards and Guidance at (202) 693-1950 for assistance accessing DOC, EPS, GIF, MP4, PDF, PPT or XLS documents.
*These files are provided for downloading.