Region 8 - Ambassador Document - July 16, 2021
ESTABLISHING AN ALLIANCE PROGRAM AMBASSADOR RELATIONSHIP
DENVER AND ENGLEWOOD AREA OFFICES OF
THE OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH ADMINISTRATION
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
COLORADO SAFETY ASSOCIATION
Since entering into an Alliance on April 2, 2012, with subsequent renewal(s) on December 12, 2014, and December 9, 2016, the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Denver and Englewood Area Offices and the Colorado Safety Association (CSA) have worked together to improve workplace health and safety by sharing information, guidance, and access to training resources that address occupational hazards, and promoting understanding of the rights of workers and the responsibilities of employers under the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
OSHA and the CSA continue to recognize the value of maintaining a collaborative relationship to improve safety and health practices and programs in American workplaces, and commit to continue their work together through an Alliance Program Ambassador relationship.
In recognition of this ongoing commitment, OSHA will continue to foster an active relationship with the CSA by:
- Providing routine communications on enforcement, regulatory, and outreach initiatives.
- Sharing invitations to and offering opportunities to speak at OSHA Alliance Program and other agency stakeholder meetings or events, such as outreach and training activities through the National, Regional, or Area Office, and the National Alliance Program Construction Roundtable and Forum.
- Engaging in information sharing and technical discussions, as appropriate, including completing special projects of mutual interest that align with agency priorities and as resources allow.
- Maintaining the organization’s status as Alliance Program Ambassador on the agency’s public webpage.
The CSA will continue to foster an active relationship with OSHA by:
- Sharing information with members and stakeholders on OSHA’s National Initiatives (Enforcement, Regulatory, and Outreach), and encouraging their participation in OSHA’s outreach initiatives and rulemaking processes.
- Sharing information with members and stakeholders on occupational safety and health laws and standards, including the rights and responsibilities of workers and employers.
- Sharing information with OSHA personnel and industry safety and health professionals regarding CSA good practices or effective approaches through training programs, workshops, seminars, and lectures (or any other applicable forum).
- Offering OSHA opportunities to speak, exhibit, or appear at one another’s conferences, local meetings, or other events.
- Adhering to requirements laid out in the Alliance Program Directive regarding the prohibition on promoting or implying the agency’s endorsement of their policies, products, or services, including acknowledging that they will not receive any preferential treatment related to any statutory function of the agency.
- Abiding by all terms and conditions for the use of the Alliance Program logo as specified in OSHA’s Guidelines for Use of the Alliance Logo.
OSHA’s cooperative programs provide organizations an opportunity to participate in a voluntary, collaborative relationship with OSHA for purposes such as raising awareness of OSHA’s initiatives, outreach, communication, training, and education. These programs have proven to be valuable tools for both OSHA and participants. By entering into this Ambassador relationship, OSHA is not endorsing or promoting, nor does it intend to endorse or promote, any of that organization’s products or services.
This Ambassador relationship will remain in effect for the duration of an on-going cooperative association and a good faith effort by both parties to meet the intent of this document and its underlying policies. Either signatory may terminate it for any reason at any time, provided they give 30 days’ written notice.
Signed this 16th day of July, 2021.
Nancy G. Hauter
Acting Regional Administrator
OSHA Region VIII
Patricia M. Ennis
Colorado Safety Association