Solutions: Radiofrequency (RF) and Infrared (IR) Radiation
- Possible employee exposure to radiofrequency (RF) radiation.
- RF is associated with the use of induction heating.
- RF can be emitted from backside metallization.
- Possible employee exposure to radiofrequency infrared (IR) radiation.
- IR radiation is emitted from the molten material.
- IR radiation can be emitted from the furnace.
- Identify RF and IR hazards; perform exposure evaluations when applicable.
- Enclose operations involving RF and/or IR emissions; provide shielding as necessary.
- Provide PPE as appropriate during operations when exposure is necessary. [29 CFR 1910 Subpart I]
- Implement RF/IR radiation safety programs to further identify and control RF/IR hazards.
OSHA Safety and Health Topics Pages:Back to Top