Solutions: Nuisance Dust
- Possible employee exposure to nuisance dust during cutting, grinding, machining, polishing, sanding, and so forth.
- Identify exposure scenarios and perform appropriate evaluations.
- Perform exposure measurements for the compounds used.
- Keep exposures below acceptable exposure levels.
- Use wet operations when possible to reduce airborne dust concentrations.
- Provide appropriate ventilation to reduce dust concentration levels in the air.
- Use respiratory protection when necessary to further reduce exposure and protect employees. [29 CFR 1910.134]
- Maintain adequate housekeeping to remove unwanted dust and reduce concentration levels.
OSHA Safety and Health Topics Pages:Back to Top