- Laser hazards associated with the use of high energy lasers for annealing (ion implantation), marking, or scribing.
- Identify laser hazards.
- Install and operate equipment according to applicable standards and manufacturer's instructions.
- Enclose laser operations; provide guarding as necessary.
- Install interlocks and emergency shut-off systems as applicable.
- Implement laser safety programs to further identify and control laser hazards.
OSHA Safety and Health Topics Pages:
and Face Protection. OSHA. Provides the following section about laser
- Optical Radiation: Laser Protection. Discusses the types of personal protective equipment (PPE) that must be used to protect against laser hazards in the workplace.