|<< Return to Previous Page
- Possible ignition of flammable gases, such as hydrogen and oxygen, resulting in fire and/or explosion.
- Employees may also be exposed to gases above permissible limits.
OSHA Safety and Health Topics Pages:
- Identify and eliminate possible ignition sources. Use a Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) for identifying and controlling such hazards.
- Provide appropriate ventilation to reduce gas concentration levels in the air.
- Use respiratory protection [29 CFR 1910.134] when necessary to further reduce exposure and protect employees.