Solutions: Flammable Gases, Fire
- Possible ignition of flammable gases, such as hydrogen and oxygen, resulting in fire and/or explosion.
- Employees may also be exposed to gases above permissible limits.
- Identify and eliminate possible ignition sources. Use a Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) for identifying and controlling such hazards.
- Provide appropriate ventilation to reduce gas concentration levels in the air.
- Use respiratory protection when necessary to further reduce exposure and protect employees. [29 CFR 1910.134]
OSHA Safety and Health Topics Pages:Back to Top