|<< Return to Previous Page
hazards associated with the use of high-voltage electrical
equipment, including electric shock, electrocution, fires,
explosions, and so forth.
OSHA Safety and Health Topics Pages:
- Identify sources of electrical energy.
- Install and operate equipment according to electrical codes and manufacturer's instructions.
- Implement a lockout/tagout program [29
to control the unexpected release of energy from machines during maintenance or service
- Provide insulated tools and PPE [29
Subpart I] as appropriate during maintenance and service operations.
- Implement electrical safety programs to further identify and control electrical hazards.