- Safety and Health Topics
- Lumber and Building Material Dealer Industry
Lumber and Building Material Dealer Industry
Safety and Health Programs
The implementation of a comprehensive safety and health program is an important tool for creating both a safe and a profitable workplace. The following references were selected to assist in developing a safety and health program for the lumber and building material dealer industry.
- Job Hazard Analysis (PDF). OSHA Publication 3071, (Revised 2002). Explains what a job hazard analysis is and offers guidelines to help employers conduct their own step-by-step analysis.
- $afety Pays Program. OSHA. Assists employers in estimating the costs of occupational injuries and illnesses and the impact on a company's profitability.
- Safety and Health Management Program Guidelines; Issuance of Voluntary Guidelines. OSHA Federal Register Notice 54:3904-3916, (January 26, 1989). Provides safety and health program management guidelines are for use by employers to prevent occupational injuries and illnesses.
- Elements of an Effective Safety and Health Program. OSHA Slide Presentation, (1989). Summarizes safety and health program guidelines.
- Safety and Health Add Value (PDF). OSHA Publication 3180. Describes how safety and health add value to your business, your workplace, and your life.