- Safety and Health Topics
- Hazardous Waste
Related Safety and Health Topics Pages
- Decontamination (PDF). OSHA.
- Training Marine Oil Spill Response Workers Under OSHA's Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Standard. OSHA Publication 3172.
- 29 CFR 1910.120, Hazardous waste operations and emergency response. OSHA Standard.
- Appendix E, Training curriculum guidelines (Non-mandatory)
- OSHA Training. Provides links to training and education resources as well as courses provided by the OSHA Training Institute in occupational safety and health for federal and state compliance officers, state consultants, other federal agency personnel, and the private sector.
- OSHA Best Practices for Hospital-Based First Receivers of Victims from Mass Casualty Incidents Involving the Release of Hazardous Substances. OSHA, (January 2005).
- National Clearinghouse for Worker Safety and Health Training. National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS).
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) Orientation Manual. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- U.S. Department of Energy (DOE)
- Office of Environmental Management (EM). Mitigates the risks and hazards posed by the legacy of nuclear weapons production and research.
- Office of Environment, Health, Safety & Security
- Office of Civilian Radioactive Waste Management. Responsible for the planning, research, and management necessary to dispose of spent nuclear fuel produced by commercial nuclear power plants and government-owned, high-level radioactive waste.
- Safety and Health Requirements Manual. U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), (November 3, 2003). Provides a section on hazardous waste site requirements that is of special interest.
- EXTOXNET - The EXTension TOXicology NETwork. The University of California-Davis, Oregon State University, Michigan State University, Cornell University, and the University of Idaho. Provides information more widely available via Pesticide Information Profiles, Toxicology Information Briefs, and Fact Sheets.