Am I In Danger?
Working with heavy equipment and building materials on the limited space of a scaffold is difficult. Without fall protection or safe access, it becomes hazardous. Falls from such improperly constructed scaffolds can result in injuries ranging from sprains to death.
How Do I Avoid Hazards?
- Construct all scaffolds according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Install guardrail systems along all open sides and ends of platforms.
- Use at least one of the following for scaffolds more than 10 feet above
a lower level:
- Provide safe access to scaffold
platforms [For additional information, see Scaffold
- Do not climb cross-bracing as a means of access.