- Safety and Health Topics
- Airline Industry
This section highlights OSHA standards and other federal standards related to the airline industry.
Frequently Cited Standards
OSHA maintains a listing of the most frequently cited standards for specified 6-digit North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) codes. Please refer to OSHA's Frequently Cited OSHA Standards page for additional information. For Scheduled Passenger Air Transportation use NAICS code 481111 in the NAICS search box.
Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
Note: These are NOT OSHA regulations. However, they do provide guidance from their originating organizations related to worker protection.
- 14 CFR 139, Certification of Airports. Government Publishing Office. This is part of the Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR). Specific areas of interest for the airline industry may include:
- 139.1, Applicability. Requires the FAA to issue airport operating certificates to airports that serve scheduled and unscheduled air carrier aircraft with more than 30 seats or that the FAA Administrator requires to have a certificate.
- 139.101, General requirements
- 139.203, Contents of airport certification manual
- 139.205, Amendment of airport certification manual
- 139.321, Handling and storing of hazardous substances and materials
- 139.329, Pedestrians and ground vehicles