Small Business Forums
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration's (OSHA) Directorate of Cooperative and State Programs (DCSP) annually hosts a series of small business forums. These small business forums foster a more direct dialogue between OSHA and the small business community. Held at the Department of Labor's headquarters in Washington, D.C, the informative panel discussions cover a variety of safety and health management topics including new safety and health trends, hazards and other issues that are important to small business employers.
Information on upcoming Small Business Forum events and resources from previous events are located below.
- April 1, 2010: Green Jobs: Safety and Health Outlook for Workers and Small Employers (PDF) (PPT)
- September 30, 2009: Workplace Preparedness: How Small Businesses Can Prepare for H1N1 Influenza (PDF)
- July 2, 2009: Safety and Health Issues in an Aging Workforce Panel Discussion (PDF) (PPT)
- March 24, 2009: National and Special Emphasis Programs: Impact on Small Business Employers (PDF)
- September 30, 2008: Challenges Small Businesses Face in Complying with Regulations Agenda
- June 26, 2008: Teen Summer Safety (PPT) Agenda
- January 31, 2008: A Discussion on Lean Manufacturing (PDF) (PPT)
- September 14, 2007: Safety and Health Issues in the Maritime Industry (PDF) (PPT) Agenda
- May 30, 2007: Safety and Health Issues in Small Construction Firms (PDF) (PPT) Agenda
- September 19, 2006: Achieving Balance through Employee Protection, Profitability, and Compliance (PDF) Agenda
- April 28, 2006: Making the Case for Safety and Health (PPT) Agenda
- November 22, 2005: Why Safety Pays, the Bottom Line Agenda
- September 8, 2005: Roundtable