Accident Report Detail
Accident Summary Nr: 202518692 - Employees Are Burned In Tank Explosion
|Inspection Nr||Date Opened||SIC||NAICS||Establishment Name|
|312573140||04/02/2009||0139||111998||Vieira Agricultural Enterprises|
Abstract: On March 31, 2009, Employees #1 and #2 were using a cutting torch to loosen a bolt on a 350 gallon tank that had previously held a flammable or combustible liquid. The tank exploded, and both employees were burned. Both were hospitalized; one with burns over 70 percent of his body, and the other with burns over 30 percent of his body.
|Employee #||Inspection Nr||Age||Sex||Degree||Nature of Injury||Occupation|
|1||312573140||Hospitalized injury||Burn/Scald(Heat)||Supervisors, mechanics and repairers|
|2||312573140||Hospitalized injury||Burn/Scald(Heat)||Laborers, except construction|