August 25, 2022
Contact: Office of Communications
Advisory Committee on Construction Safety and Healthwill meet Sept. 14
Work Group meetings to be held Sept. 13
WASHINGTON – The U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational Safety and Health Administration will hold an online meeting of the Advisory Committee on Construction Safety and Health on Sept. 14, 2022, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EDT.
The Contract Work Hours and Safety Standards Act, also known as the Construction Safety Act, established the committee to advise the Secretary of Labor and Assistant Secretary of Labor for Occupational Safety and Health on policy matters arising under the CSA, and the setting of construction standards.
The meeting will include the following:
- Remarks from a representative from the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Labor for Occupational Safety and Health, who will provide agency updates.
- Update on the agency's Heat Injury and Illness Prevention in Outdoor and Indoor Work Settings rulemaking.
- Discussion on the Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking for Occupational Exposure to Lead.
- Updates on the construction industry from OSHA's Directorate of Construction.
- Reports from the ACCSH's workgroups.
- An opportunity for members of the public to address the committee.
On Sept. 13, ACCSH workgroups will also meet online as follows: the Education and Training Workgroup from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.; the Emerging and Current Issues Workgroup from 1 to 3 p.m.; and the Infrastructure Workgroup from 3:10 to 5:10 p.m.
Submit comments and requests to speak to the Federal eRulemaking Portal, Docket Number OSHA-2022-0001, by Sept. 7, 2022. Be sure to include the docket number on all submissions. Details on how to attend online are included the docket and are available on the ACCSH webpage. Read the Federal Register notice for submission details.
# # #
U.S. Department of Labor news materials are accessible at http://www.dol.gov. The department’s Reasonable Accommodation Resource Center converts departmental information and documents into alternative formats, which include Braille and large print. For alternative format requests, please contact the department at (202) 693-7828 (voice) or (800) 877-8339 (federal relay).