- Recommended Practices for Safety and Health Programs - Discusses the seven core elements of a good safety and health program, and emphasizes a proactive rather than a reactive approach to managing workplace safety and health. OSHA, 2016.
- Transforming EHS Performance Measures Through Leading Indicators - Examines organizational practices for tracking, analyzing, and applying knowledge obtained from leading indicators to improve safety and health performance. Campbell Institute.
- Elevating EHS Leading Indicators: From Defining to Designing - Provides perspectives on choosing, tracking, and analyzing leading indicators. Campbell Institute.
- Practical Guide to Leading Indicators: Metrics, Case Studies & Strategies - Uses case studies to demonstrate how organizations analyze leading indicators and put them into practice. Examples illustrate the predictive power of leading indicators and how they can produce positive outcomes in occupational safety and health. Campbell Institute.
- Leading Indicators for Workplace Health and Safety - Discusses how organizations can use leading indicators regardless of their occupational safety and health performance. Covers leading indicators for compliance, improvement, and continuous learning. Demonstrates how some leading indicators may be more effective than others based on an organization's current level of performance. Alberta Government.