Standard Interpretations are letters or memos written in response to public inquiries or field office inquiries regarding how some aspect of or terminology in an OSHA standard or regulation is to be interpreted and enforced by the Agency. These letters provide guidance to clarify the application of an established OSHA standard, policy, or procedure, but they may not, in themselves, establish or revise OSHA policy or procedure or interpret the OSH Act. They must specifically cite the source policy or procedure document they interpret.
- 1926 Subpart M - Clarification of house foundation/basement excavation;Fall protection requirements. - 02/01/1996
- 1926 Subpart M - Fall protection for the Elaminator 300 Insulation System. - 08/07/1998
- 1926 Subpart M - Fall protection, lifejacket, and lifesaving requirements when working over or near water. - 09/28/1999
- 1926 Subpart M - NATE Response FINAL - 08/18/2017
- 1926 Subpart M - Requirements for use of ladder hoisting wheels. - 06/02/1998
- 1926 Subpart M - Whether certain skylights meet the cover criteria of 1926 Subpart M. - 12/20/2007