- Publication Date:
- Publication Type:Notice
- Fed Register #:67:50901
- Standard Number:
- Title:Submission for OMB Review; Comment Request
DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
Office of the Secretary
Submission for OMB Review; Comment Request
July 30, 2002.
The Department of Labor (DOL) has submitted the following public information collection request (ICR) to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (Pub. L. 104-13, 44 U.S.C. chapter 35). A copy of this ICR, with applicable supporting documentation, may be obtained by calling the Department of Labor. To obtain documentation contact Darrin King on (202) 693-4129 or E-Mail: King-Darrin@dol.gov.
Comments should be sent to Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attn: OMB Desk Officer for OSHA, Office of Management and Budget, Room 10235, Washington, DC 20503 ((202) 395-7316), within 30 days from the date of this publication in the Federal Register.
The OMB is particularly interested in comments which:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Type of Review: Extension of a currently approved collection
Title: Hazard Communication--29 CFR 1910.1200; Parts 1915, 1917, 1918, 1926, 1928.
OMB Number: 1218-0072.
Affected Public: Business or other for-profit; Farms; Federal Government; and State, Local, or Tribal Government.
Frequency: On occasion.
Type of Response: Recordkeeping and Third-party disclosure. Number of Respondents: 6,035,925.
|1. Written Hazard Communication Program -- New Establishments:
2. Written Hazard Communication Program -- Existing Establishments:
3. Hazardous Determination
4. Existing Establishments Sending of MSDSs for New Hazardous:
6. Obtaining & Maintaining MSDSs -- Existing Establishments:
7. Obtaining & Maintaining MSDSs -- New Establishments:
8. Labeling Shipping Containers
9. Labeling In-Plant Containers
10. Access to Trade Secrets
Total Annualized Capital/Startup Costs: $0.
Total Annual Costs (operating/maintaining systems or purchasing services): $494,078.
Description: 29 CFR 1910.1200; Parts 1915, 1917, 1918, 1926, and 1928 require all employers to establish hazard communication programs and to transmit information on the hazards of chemicals to their employees by means of container labels, material safety data sheets and training programs. These actions reduce the incidents of chemical-related illnesses and injury in the workplace.
Ira L. Mills,
Departmental Clearance Officer.
[FR Doc. 02-19855 Filed 8-5-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4510-26-M