- Publication Date:
- Publication Type:Notice
- Fed Register #:67:39049
- Standard Number:
- Title:Submission for OMB Review; Comment Request
DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
Office of the Secretary
Submission for OMB Review; Comment Request
May 31, 2002.
The Department fo Labor (DOL) has submitted the following public information collection request (ICR) to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (Public Law 104-13, 44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). A copy of this ICR, with applicable supporting documentation, may be obtained by calling the Department of Labor. To obtain documentation contact Darrin King on 202-693-4129 or E-Mail: King-Darrin@dol.gov.
Comments should be sent to Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attn: OMB Desk Officer for OSHA, Office of Management and Budget, Room 10235, Washington, DC 20503 ((202) 395-7316), within 30 days from the date of this publication in the Federal Register.
The OMB is particularly interested in comments which:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Type of Review: Extension of a currently approved collection.
Agency: Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Title: Standard on the Control of Hazardous Energy Sources (Lockout/Tagout) -- 29 CFR 1910.147.
OMB Number: 1218-0150.
Affected Public: Business or other for-profit; Not-for-profit institutions; State, Local, or Tribal Government; and Federal Government.
Frequency: On occasion; Initially; and Annually.
Type of Response: Recordkeeping and Third-party disclosure.
Number of Respondents: 2,351,014.
Number of Responses: 94,561,759.
Average Time per Response: Varies considerably depending on establishment.
Annual Burden Hours: 2,450,698.
Total Annualized Capital/Startup Costs: $0.
Total Annual Costs (operating/maintaining systems or purchasing services): $0.
Description: The collections of information contained in 29 CFR 1910.147 are needed to reduce injuries and deaths in the workplace that occur when employees are engaged in maintenance, repair, and other service-related activities requiring the control of potentially hazardous energy.
Ira L. Mills,
Departmental Clearance Officer.
[FR Doc. 02-14193 Filed 6-5-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4510-26-M