- Publication Date:
- Publication Type:Meeting
- Fed Register #:62:31463-31464
- Title:Advisory Committee on Construction Safety and Health; Notice of Meeting
DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Advisory Committee on Construction Safety and Health; Notice of Meeting
AGENCY: Occupation Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), U.S. Department of Labor.
SUMMARY: Notice is hereby given that the Advisory Committee on Construction Safety and Health (ACCSH) will meet on June 25-26, 1997, at the Frances Perkins Department of Labor Building, 200 Constitution Avenue, NW., Washington, DC. ACCSH was established under section 107(e)(1) of the Contract Work Hours and Safety Standards Act (40 U.S.C. 333) and section 7(b) of the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970 (29 U.S.C. 656).
SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: For Further Information Contact: Theresa Berry, Office of Public Affairs, Room N-3647, Telephone 202-219-8615, at the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, 200 Constitution Avenue, NW., Washington, DC, 20210. An official record of the meeting will be available for public inspection at the OSHA Docket Office, Room N-2625, Telephone 202-219-7894. All ACCSH meetings and those of its workgroups are open to the public. Individuals with disabilities requiring appropriate accommodations should contact Theresa Berry no later than June 20 at the address above. ACCSH will meet on June 25 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in Room N-5437A-C and June 26 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in Room N-3437A-D.
Various ACCSH Work Groups will meet on June 25, 26, and 27. On June 24, 1997, the Training Work Group will meet in Room S-3215A-B from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and the Confined Space Work Group will meet in Room N-3637 from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. On June 26, the Safety and Health Program Management Standard Work Group will meet in Room N-3437A-D from 2:00-4:00 p.m. On June 27, the Training Work Group will meet from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. in Room S-3215A-B.
On June 25, ACCSH and OSHA will discuss:
- General activities of the Directorate of Construction (DOC), (focusing on inspection statistics, construction-related fatalities and DOC projects);
- Objectives for FY 1998;
- Rulemaking activity (specifically Safety and Health Programs, Confined Spaces, Fall Protection and Steel Erection);
- Multi-employer Worksite Policy;
- The use of settlement agreements to improve employee protection;
- Washing facilities on construction sites; and
- Allocation of OSHA liability between contractors. In addition, the Work Groups on Training, Confined Spaces and the Safety and Health Program Management Standard will report to the full Advisory Committee and the Committee will discuss those reports.
On June 26, NIOSH will brief the ACCSH on its construction-related activities. OSHA and ACCSH will discuss:
- OSHA reinvention;
- Compliance assistance and resources;
- Respirator standard;
- Decontamination practices and issues for such Substances as lead, asbestos and silica; and
- Training programs.
Interested persons may submit written data, views or comments, preferably with 20 copies, to Theresa Berry, at the address above. Those submissions received prior to the meeting will be provided to ACCSH and will be included in the record of the meeting.
Interested persons may also request to make an oral presentation by notifying Theresa Berry before the meeting. The request must state the amount of time desired, the interest that the person represents, and a brief outline of the presentation. ACCSH may grant requests, as time permits, at the discretion of the Chair of ACCSH.
Signed at Washington, DC this 4th day of June, 1997.
Gregory R. Watchman,
Acting Assistant Secretary of Labor.
[FR Doc. 97-15004 Filed 6-6-97; 8:45 am)