- Publication Date:
- Publication Type:Notice
- Fed Register #:62:8459
- Title:Submission for OMB Review; Comment Request
DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
Office of the Secretary
Submission for OMB Review; Comment Request
February 19, 1997.
The Department of Labor (DOL) has submitted the following public information collection request (ICR) to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (P.L. 104-13, 44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). A copy of ICR, with applicable supporting documentation, may be obtained by calling the Department of Labor, Departmental Clearance Officer, Theresa M. O'Malley ((202) 219-5096 ext. 143). Individuals who use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TTY/TDD) may call (202) 219- 4720 between 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday.
Comments should be sent to Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attn: OMB Desk Officer for Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Office of Management and Budget, Room 10235, Washington, DC 20503 ((202) 395-7316), within 30 days from the date of this publication in the Federal Register.
The OMB is particularly interested in comments which:
- evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Agency: Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
Title: OSHA Data Collection Systems.
OMB Number: Form 196A, 196B.
Affected Public: Business or other for-profit; State, Local or Tribal Government.
Number of Respondents: 80,000.
Estimated Time Per Respondent: 30 minutes.
Total Burden Hours: 35,000.
Total Annualized capital/startup costs: 0.
Total annual costs (operating/maintaining systems or purchasing services): 0.
Description: The 1997 OSHA Data Collection will request 1996 injury and illness data from 80,000 worksites with 60 or more employees in industries listed in the following table.
|1997 Data Collection Industries
[All worksites with 60 or more employees]
|0783||Ornamental shrub and tree services|
|4214||Local trucking with storage|
|4215||Courier services, except by air|
|4220||Public warehousing and storage|
|4491||Marine cargo handling|
|4580||Airports, flying fields, & services|
|4783||Packing and crating|
|5051||Metals service centers and offices|
|5093||Scrap and waste materials|
|5140||Groceries and related products|
|5180||Beer, wine, and distilled beverages|
|5210||Lumber and other building materials|
|8050||Nursing and personal care facilities|
Theresa M. O'Malley,
Departmental Clearance Officer.
[FR Doc. 97-4635 Filed 2-24-97; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4510-26-M