- Publication Date:
- Publication Type:Notice
- Fed Register #:62:1135
- Standard Number:1910.128
- Title:Submission for OMB Review; Comment Request
DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
Office of the Secretary
Submission for OMB Review; Comment Request
January 2, 1997.
The Department of Labor (DOL) has submitted the following public information collection request (ICR) to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (Pub. L. 104-13, 44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). A copy of the ICR, with applicable supporting documentation, may be obtained by calling the Department of Labor Departmental Clearance Officer, Theresa M. O'Malley (202) 219-5096 x 166. Individuals who use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TTY/TDD) may call (202) 219- 4720 between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday.
Comments should be sent to Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attn: OMB Desk Officer for the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Office of Management and Budget, Room 10235, Washington, DC 20503 (202) 395-7316, within 30 days from the date of this publication in the Federal Register.
The OMB is particularly interested in comments which:
- evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- enhance the quality, utility, and clarify of the information to be collected; and
- minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Agency: Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
Title: Benzene (1910.0128).
OMB Number: 1218-0129.
Frequency: On occasion.
Affected Public: Business or other for-profit; Federal Government; State, Local or Tribal Government.
Number of Respondents: 13,441.
Estimated Time Per Respondent: 5 minutes.
Total Burden Hours: 130,457.
Total Annualized capital/startup costs: - 0 -.
Total annual costs (operating/maintaining systems or purchasing services): $7,895,301.
Description: The purpose of the Benzene standard and its information collection is designed to provide protection for employees from the adverse effects associated with the occupational exposure to benzene. The standard requires employers to monitor employee exposure to benzene, to monitor employee health and to provide employees with information about their exposures and the health effects of injuries.
Theresa M. O'Malley,
Departmental Clearance Officer.
[FR Doc. 97-397 Filed 1-7-97; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4510-26-M