Workers receive hands-on training in the recognition, avoidance, and prevention of construction safety hazards on the jobsite.
Courses, Materials, and Resources
OSHA offers a wide selection of training courses and educational programs to help broaden worker and employer knowledge on the recognition, avoidance, and prevention of safety and health hazards in their workplaces. OSHA also offers training and educational materials that help businesses train their workers and comply with the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
This page references training courses, educational programs, and training materials and resources that are administered by the OSHA Directorate of Training and Education.
- US Labor Department announces $10.5M funding opportunity for Susan Harwood Training grants to support worker safety, health training
- OTI Education Center Public Sector Certificate Program
- Revised Training Requirements in OSHA Standards [PDF]
- New Resource for Development and Delivery of Training to Workers [PDF]
- OSHA Outreach Training Program
- Intro to OSHA Educational PowerPoint
- How to Find Outreach Training Program 10- and 30-hour Classes
- How to Obtain Replacement Outreach Training Program Cards
- HAZWOPER FAQs
Under the Susan Harwood Training Grant Program, OSHA awards grants to nonprofit organizations to develop training and educational programs and/or deliver training and education to workers and employers.
Training for Safety Professionals
Through the OTI Education Centers program, OSHA offers occupational safety and health courses at locations nationwide. Some courses may offer CSP/CIH certification maintenance points, and include topics such as recordkeeping, machine guarding, confined space entry, electrical standards, and fall arrest systems.
The Outreach Training Program is a voluntary program – not required by OSHA. It is important to note that this is a voluntary program and does not meet the training requirements of OSHA standards. For information on OSHA-required training, see Training Requirements in OSHA Standards [PDF]