Related Safety and Health Topics Pages
- Hazard Communication: A Review of the Science Underpinning the Art of Communication for Health and Safety. OSHA, (1997, May 23). Reviews the scientific literature on issues related to effective communication in support of ongoing work internationally to develop a harmonized system of hazard communication. OSHA contracted with the University of Maryland to provide this report which includes their analysis of the literature, as well as an extensive bibliography on this subject.
- Hazard Communication (HazCom) Final Rule Single Source Page. Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA). Provides information and resources regarding HazCom for the mining industry.
- Chemical Safety. National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Safety and Health Topic. Contains several useful links on the topic of hazard communication.
- NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards. National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), (2005, September). Provides a source of general industrial hygiene information on several hundred chemicals/classes for workers, employers, and occupational health professionals.
- Master Index of Occupational Health Guidelines for Chemical Hazards. National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), (1998, August 13). Summarizes information on permissible exposure limits, chemical and physical properties, and health hazards.
- NIOSH Safety Checklist Program for Schools. National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Publication 2004-101, (2006, November). Provides information needed by schools to maintain safe classrooms, shops, and labs for teachers and students in career-technical education. This information may also be used by colleges and universities with occupational safety and health programs.
- Hazard Communication Self-Inspection Checklist. Provides checklist specific for hazard communication.
- NOAA Supports Both Natural And Man-Made Disasters In Its Homeland Security Program. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). Provides information about the types of assistance and information available from NOAA whose mission is science, service and stewardship of the oceans and atmosphere.
- Office of Response and Restoration. Protects coastal and marine resources, mitigates threats, reduces harm, and restores ecological function and provides comprehensive solutions to environmental hazards caused by oil, chemicals, and marine debris.
- Data Explorer: Data Web Sites. Provides links which identify the primary areas of responsibility of NOAA's National Ocean Service (NOS) and gives a brief description of downloadable data pertaining to that topic.
- Contaminated Media, Human Health, and Environmental Effects. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Includes information about health, safety, and risk assessment issues related to Superfund sites and the hazards related to exposure to contaminants.