- Safety and Health Topics
- Demolition-Specific Guidance:
- Other Documents Containing Demolition Guidance:
- Recent fatalities serve as a reminder to protect workers from demolition hazards. OSHA News Release, (July 10, 2014).
- Building Demolition - Hurricane eMatrix.
- Overview for 29 CFR Part 1926, Subpart T - Demolition.
- Construction Industry Outreach Training Program. Provides training for workers and employers on the recognition, avoidance, abatement, and prevention of safety and health hazards in workplaces. The program also provides information regarding workers' rights, employer responsibilities, and how to file a complaint.
- OSHA Construction Incidents Investigation Engineering Reports including:
- Conn. contractor cited by US Labor Department's OSHA for wall collapse, fall hazards at construction work site. OSHA News Release, (May 6, 2014).
- Philadelphia demolition contractors cited for egregious, willful safety violations following fatal June building collapse. OSHA QuickTakes, (November 15, 2013).
- Philadelphia demolition contractor cited by OSHA following fatal building collapse. OSHA News Release, (November 14, 2013).
- VPP Star Mobile Workforce Participant Brandenburg Completes Wrigley Field Demolition Project. OSHA Success Story, (January 2015). OSHA Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) Member, Brandenburg Construction completes zero injury 1400 man hour demolition while preserving historic structures at Chicago's Wrigley Field. Find out more about the VPP Program and other OSHA Cooperative Programs and how this Star Member successfully completed a $575 million demolition while preserving historic structures without a single injury.
- OSHA Training Institute (OTI).
- Course #3500 - Demolition. This is a 3 day course designed for Federal, State, and Local enforcement personnel who have responsibility for construction demolition safety and health. The course includes scope and application of the OSHA standard, terminology, processes, and equipment. Special emphasis is placed on the most hazardous demolition activities. A tour of a demolition site is arranged (if possible) (1.8 CEU's).