- Safety and Health Topics
- Communication Towers
- National Safety Stand-Down To Prevent Falls in Construction webpage
- Poster for Communication Tower Industry (PDF)
- Fall from a Telecommunications Tower: FATAL Facts (PDF). OSHA Fatal Facts.
- Preventing Falls in Construction. OSHA's Fall Prevention Campaign.
- Fall protection. OSHA Safety and Health Topics Page.
- The Telecommunication Industry Registered Apprenticeship Program (TIRAP) is a joint venture of telecommunications companies, industry associations, and the U.S. Department of Labor ("DoL") that develops DoL-credentialed apprenticeship programs available to qualified employers for career development of the telecommunications workforce.
- OSHA's On-site Consultation Program offers free and confidential safety and occupational health advice to small and medium-sized businesses in all states across the country, with priority given to high-hazard worksites. On-site Consultation services are separate from enforcement and do not result in penalties or citations. Consultants from state agencies or universities work with employers to identify workplace hazards, provide advice on compliance with OSHA standards, and assist in establishing injury and illness prevention programs.
- The National Association of Tower Erectors (NATE)
- RF Radiation Awareness: Presentation, Video, Toolbox Talk, and Guide from the Center for Construction Research and Training (CPWR)
- RF Radiation Hazard Alert Publication from CPWR in English and Spanish.
- Communication Tower Safety: Request for Information. Federal Registers, (April 15, 2015).
- OSHA seeks comment on better protections for communication tower workers. OSHA News Release, (April 14, 2015).
Poster for Communication Tower Industry (PDF)