Compliance Issues Relating to Backup Alarms
- 09/20/2007 - Whether "discriminating [back-up] alarms" may be used to meet the requirements of 29 CFR 1926.602(a)(9)(ii).
- 12/21/2004 - Installation of strobe lights on forklifts as an additional warning device for forklifts used in vessel holds.
- 05/27/2004 - Equipment reverse signal alarms must be audible above surrounding noise level.
- 03/09/2004 - Requirements for reverse signal alarms for vehicles with obstructed views to the rear.
- 05/10/1995 - OSHA standards addressing reverse signal alarms on excavators.
- 06/10/1993 - Back-up alarm requirements on vehicles.
- 09/23/1987 - Definition, application and use of "Horns".
- 08/20/1987 - Horns and audible alarms.
- 06/25/1982 - Requirements for back up alarms.
- 07/11/1980 - Regulations for back-up alarms.
- 07/23/1979 - "Audible above" is a signal alarm distinguishable from the surrounding noise level.
- 01/28/1976 - Crawler cranes used in construction work and back-up alarms.
Alternatives to Backup Alarms
- 03/02/2010 - Permissible methods of operating trucks in reverse on construction sites.
- 01/24/1997 - Cross-view back-up mirrors on delivery trucks.
- 07/12/1993 - Reverse signal alarms for motor vehicles.
- 07/20/1990 - Use of a strobe light in lieu of an audible backup alarm.
- 12/18/1984 - Use of an electronic back-up mirror used with a reverse audible alarm.
Public Inquiries Relating to Backup Alarms
- 11/03/1998 - Requirements for back-up alarms on construction vehicles.
- 10/29/1991 - Noise and potential hazard of backup alarms on equipment at construction sites.
Compliance Issues Relating to Obstructed View to the Rear
- 12/10/1984 - Clarification of application and requirements for unobstructed view for 1926.601(a).
Back to Top