TEXT VERSION OF SLIDE:
Title: Ergonomics: The Dow Chemical Company’s Use of "Six Sigma" Methodology
Type: Text Slide
[Includes the OSHA logo]
- MSD risk factors reduced by 64% since baseline
- Employees more proactive in addressing ergonomic issues
- Sustainable results
- Reduced severity in ergonomic injuries company-wide
Ergonomics Case Study
- 64 percent reduction in MSD risk factors since the baseline measurement and
45 percent reduction overall at the DDC business unit.
- DDC’s employees are more proactive in addressing ergonomic issues and have
a better understanding of the personal benefits of ergonomics.
- As a result of the Six Sigma methodology’s emphasis on long-term control,
there is an ongoing process that will help DDC sustain its results and continue
- As improvements have been implemented throughout Dow, the severity of
ergonomic injuries has declined. In 2001, 53 percent of Dow’s ergonomic
injuries resulted in lost work time or advanced medical treatment. In 2003,
only 30 percent of ergonomic injuries were this severe.