Region 5 - Alliance Annual Report - June 15, 2017
ANNUAL REGIONAL ALLIANCE REPORT
Chippewa Valley Technical College (CVTC)
Eau Claire, WI
June 15, 2017
Report Prepared by:
Mary M. Bauer, Eau Claire OSHA, Compliance Assistance Specialist.
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to www.osha.gov.
October 4, 2006
November 16, 2009
November 15, 2012
June 29, 2016
The purpose of the alliance is to establish a collaborative relationship to support workplace safety and reduce hazards and associated losses. This Alliance targets staff, students, outside employers, and members of our community with information, guidance, and access to training and related resources that will help promote and improve employee health and safety.
Implementation Team Members:
- Mary Bauer, Eau Claire OSHA, Compliance Assistance Specialist
- Jon Leenhouts, CVTC, Business & Industry Safety Trainer/Consultant
- Matt Lind, CVTC, Business & Industry Safety Trainer/Consultant
- Rick Stangl, CVTC, Business & Industry Safety Trainer/Consultant
Implementation Team Meetings
Meeting(s) were held with Team Members:
- Numerous phone calls and emails were exchanged to coordinate events and discuss future projects.
- June 29, 2016 to June 29, 2017
- OSHA presented for regularly scheduled CVTC courses:
- Residential Construction
- Electrical Power Distribution
- CVTC and OSHA coordinate and participate in local organizations and groups.
- WWSC (Western Wisconsin Safety Council)
- WSC (Wisconsin Safety Council) Young Professionals
- Electrical Distribution Apprenticeship Advisory Board
- OSHA used CVTC’s facility for unique outreach opportunities at no cost.
- OSHA participated in the CVTC sponsored courses such as OSHA 10 and 30 hour courses without managing the logistics.
- OSHA and CVTC have developed a broader network for future projects.
- CVTC added a second Occupational Safety and Health Instructor to the staff.
Type of Activity (Conference, Training, Print and Electronic Distribution, etc.)
Number of Individual Reached or Trained OSHA-30 (10/25/16 and 3/9/17)
Electrical Distribution Advisory Committee (Fall & Spring)
Spring Thaw w/ MSHA
Electrical Distribution Conferences (12/7/16, 2/7/17)
Welder Class - OSHA 10 Intro
Residential Construction Classes - OSHA 10 Intro
CVTC/OSHA Safety Day- Oct. 6, 2016
WSC Young Professionals
- CVTC – OSHA will host a SAFETY DAY for Fall 2017.