Region 5 - Alliance Annual Report - December 28, 2015
ANNUAL REGIONAL ALLIANCE REPORT
Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College (WITC)
Shell Lake, WI
December 28, 2015
- Alliance Background
November 28, 2012
The purpose of the alliance is to establish a collaborative relationship to support workplace safety and reduce hazards and associated losses. This Alliance targets staff, students, outside employers, and members of our community with information, guidance, and access to training and related resources that will help promote and improve employee health and safety.
Implementation Team Members:
- Mary Bauer, Eau Claire OSHA, Compliance Assistance Specialist
- Mary Hansen – WITC Human Resource Specialist, Safety and Security
- Cher Vink – WITC Associate VP, HR & Employee Relations
- Steve Decker – WITC Associate VP, Financial & Business Services/CFO
- Todd Larson – WITC Safety Training Specialist
- Implementation Team Meetings
Meetings were held with Team Members:
Numerous phone calls and emails were exchanged to coordinate events and discuss future projects.
- November 1, 2014 to November 1, 2015
- OSHA assisted in an OSHA 10 and 30 classes.
- OSHA CAS assisted Safety Training Specialist with interpretations of the OSHA standards.
- OSHA CAS attended the WITC Safety and Security committee meeting.
- OSHA CAS promoted the Fall Hazard Awareness campaign for construction projects during safety meetings at the New Richmond and Rice Lake campuses.
- OSHA presentations to the cosmetology classes to highlight hazards in the hair/nail salon industry.
- Conducted “Safety Day” with OSHA coordinating the subject matter and WITC coordinating the marketing and logistics of hosting the event in New Richmond, WI in which over 100 people attended.
- WITC’s Safety Trainer and OSHA’s CAS attend the Sand Plant Safety Peer meetings.
- OSHA used WITC’s facility for unique outreach opportunities at no cost.
- OSHA and WITC have developed a broader network for future projects.
Type of Activity (Conference, Training, Print and Electronic Distribution, etc.)
Number of Individuals Reached or Trained
WITC 6th Annual Safety Day- New Richmond, WI
OSHA - 30 Courses
WITC Safety and Security Committee Meeting
Rice Lake Fall Protection Presentation
Superior - Safety Stand Down Construction Site
Spectrum - OSHA Basics - Ashland Campus
OSHA - 10 Rice Lake
Sand Plant Safety Group
- Upcoming Milestones
- OSHA and WITC will work together for a stronger safety presence in the Farm Business and Production Management courses to provide safety training for farmers and farm workers, including Hispanic workers.
- Safety Day in Superior, WI on December 2, 2015.
- Safety Day in Rice Lake, WI on April 12, 2016. Three Tracks including Arc Flash/Electrical, Administrative-Safety Management, and Best Practices.
- OSHA and WITC plan to renew the Alliance for five more years.
Report Prepared by:
Mary M. Bauer, Eau Claire OSHA, Compliance Assistance Specialist.
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to www.osha.gov.