Region 5 - Alliance Annual Report - December 28, 2015
ANNUAL REGIONAL ALLIANCE REPORT
Chippewa Valley Technical College (CVTC)
Eau Claire, WI
December 28, 2015
- Alliance Background
October 4, 2006
November 16, 2009
November 15, 2012
The purpose of the alliance is to establish a collaborative relationship to support workplace safety and reduce hazards and associated losses. This Alliance targets staff, students, outside employers, and members of our community with information, guidance, and access to training and related resources that will help promote and improve employee health and safety.
Implementation Team Members:
- Mary Bauer, Eau Claire OSHA, Compliance Assistance Specialist
- Jon Leenhouts, CVTC, Business & Industry Safety Trainer/Consultant
- Matt Lind, CVTC, Business & Industry Safety Trainer/Consultant
- Jessica Janssen, CVTC, Business and Industry Seminar and Continuing Education Specialist
- Implementation Team Meetings
Meeting(s) were held with Team Members:
- Numerous phone calls and emails were exchanged to coordinate events and discuss future projects.
- November 15, 2014 to November 15, 2015
- OSHA presented for regularly scheduled CVTC courses:
- Supervisor Risk Management Course
- Residential Construction
- Electrical Distribution
- CVTC and OSHA coordinate and participate in local organizations and groups.
- WWSC (Western Wisconsin Safety Council)
- Local Sand Plant EHS group
- OSHA used CVTC’s facility for unique outreach opportunities at no cost.
- OSHA participated in the CVTC sponsored courses such as OSHA 10 and 30 hour courses without managing the logistics.
- OSHA and CVTC have developed a broader network for future projects.
- CVTC added a second Occupational Safety and Health Instructor to the staff.
Type of Activity (Conference, Training, Print and Electronic Distribution, etc.) Number of Individual Reached or Trained
Electrical Distribution Advisory Committee
Hot Line School - Field Stations
Electrical Distribution Supervisor Conference-Presentation
Human Resource Classes – OSHA Basics
Residential Construction Classes - OSHA Basics
CVTC/OSHA Safety Day- Oct. 8, 2015
CVTC Business and Industry Advisory Board –Oct. 8, 2015
CVTC/WWSC Arc Flash Training
- Upcoming Milestones
- CVTC – OSHA will host a SAFETY DAY for Fall 2016.
- OSHA will work with CVTC’s Emergency Services for some specialized training such as fire, hazmat, and confined space.
- Re-establish outreach for in the Farm Management Program to reach the Agricultural sector and vulnerable workers.
- CVTC established an advisory board for the Business and Industry group which includes the safety training instructors.
- OSHA and CVTC will seek a five year Alliance renewal.
Report Prepared by:
Mary M. Bauer, Eau Claire OSHA, Compliance Assistance Specialist.
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to www.osha.gov.