Region 5 - Alliance Annual Report - April 1, 2015
ANNUAL TOLEDO AREA OFFICE ALLIANCE REPORT
The Safety Council of Northwest Ohio
March 21, 2014
The Safety Council of Northwest Ohio (SCNWO) Alliance utilizes collective expertise to help foster a culture of prevention while sharing best practices, technical knowledge, and training resources.
Implementation Team Members
The Safety Council of Northwest Ohio
- Dennis McMickens
- President and CEO
- Robert Momany
- Vice President of Programs & Services
- Kimberly Nelson
- Area Director
- Chad Positano
- Assistant Area Director
Implementation Team Meetings
June 11, 2014 Met with Dennis McMickens while attending the Board of Directors meeting. August 6, 2014 Met with Dennis McMickens while attending the Board of Directors meeting.
Activities and Products
February 5, 2014 - April 1, 2015
Training and Education
- February 19, 2014 - AD presented at the annual OSHA ‘Breakfast With The Experts’ program.
- February 21, 2014 - AD presented at a COSS class put on by the SCNWO.
- March 26, 2014 - AAD presented during an arc flash hazard training session held at the SCNWO.
- April 10, 2014 - AD presented at a COSS class put on by the SCNWO.
- April 23, 2014 - AD attended the annual Hero Awards banquet.
- May 14, 2014 - OSHA and the SCNWO collaborated with other stakeholders to hold NW Ohio Safety and Health Day, offering education/training courses for approximately 325 local stakeholders in various safety and health functions. OSHA representatives presented on four topic sessions during the event.
- June 11, 2014 - AD attended the annual board meeting for the SCNWO.
- July 23, 2014 - AD presented at a COSS class put on by the SCNWO.
- August 6, 2014 - AD attended a board meeting for the SCNWO.
- October 17, 2014 - AD presented at a COSS class put on by the SCNWO.
- November 11, 2014 - AAD presented during an arc flash hazard training session held at the SCNWO.
- November 20, 2014 - AD presented at a COSS class put on by the SCNWO.
- January 20, 2015 - AD and CSHO presented at the joint AGC/MCA/SC Northwest Ohio breakfast meeting.
- February 18, 2015 - AD presented at the annual OSHA ‘Breakfast With The Experts’ program.
- February 26, 2015 - AD presented at a COSS class put on by the SCNWO.
Outreach and Communication
- June 21, 2014 - Representatives from the Toledo Area Office volunteered at, and participated in the 2nd Annual 5K Run/Walk event to help promote their mission.
- July 2014 - Email communication from OSHA on heat stress was distributed to the email contact list for the SCNWO.
- January 22, 2015 - Email distribution to SCNWO members on Ohio Fatality update.
Promoting the National Dialogue on Safety and Health
- May 14, 2014 - Representatives from both the Toledo AO and the Safety Council of NWO contributed and presented at the 22nd Annual NW Ohio Safety and Health Day event.
- The Toledo AO AD continues to sit on the Board of Directors of the SCNWO.
None to report
The OSHA/SCNWO Alliance provides opportunities to increase the safety and health knowledge of safety council members in Northwest Ohio. OSHA personnel provide current occupational safety and health information to the Council, who in turn distribute to their membership either via email or newsletter venues. In addition, the parties conduct joint training and education courses to SCNWO members and other stakeholders.
Type of Activity (Conference, Training, Print and Electronic Distribution, etc.) Number of Individuals Reached or Trained NW Ohio Safety and Health Day Collaboration 325 COSS Classes 96 Breakfast Workshops/Presentations 169 Electronic distribution of Heat Stress and Ohio Fatality information 800 (approx.) 2nd Annual SCNWO 5K Walk/Run Fundraiser Event 80 (approx.) TOTAL 1525
The Alliance was renewed in March 2014. This has been an extremely effective Alliance over multiple renewals, and the Agency should continue to support the Alliance going forward.
Report Prepared by: Kimberly Nelson, Area Director
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to www.osha.gov.