Region 5 - Alliance Annual Report - November 15, 2013
ANNUAL REGIONAL ALLIANCE REPORT
Chippewa Valley Technical College (CVTC)
Eau Claire, WI
- Alliance Background
October 4, 2006
November 16, 2009
November 15, 2012
The purpose of the alliance is to establish a collaborative relationship to support workplace safety and reduce hazards and associated losses. This Alliance targets staff, students, outside employers, and members of our community with information, guidance, and access to training and related resources that will help promote and improve employee health and safety.
Implementation Team Members
Mary Bauer, Eau Claire OSHA, Compliance Assistance Specialist
Jon Leenhouts, CVTC, Occupational Safety and Health Instructor
- Implementation Team Meetings
Meeting(s) were held with Team Members:
Numerous phone calls and emails were exchanged to coordinate events and discuss future projects.
- November 15, 2012 to November 15, 2013
- OSHA presented for regularly scheduled CVTC courses:
- Supervisor Risk Management Course
- Occupational Relations
- Residential Construction
- CVTC and OSHA coordinate and participate in local organizations and groups.
- WWSC (Western Wisconsin Safety Council)
- OSHA used CVTC's facility for unique outreach opportunities at no cost.
- OSHA participated in the CVTC sponsored courses such as OSHA 10 and 30 hour courses without managing the logistics.
- OSHA and CVTC have developed a broader network for future projects.
Type of Activity (Conference, Training, Print and Electronic Distribution, etc.) Number of Individuals Reached or Trained OSHA and CVTC Renewal Alliance Signed 11/15/2012 4 OSHA: Attended Power Line Worker Seminars and Advisory Board 200 CVTC Power Utility Instructor assisted the Eau Claire CAS on a technical power distribution technical assistance request 15 OSHA presented to Occupational Relations Classes 63 OSHA presented at two Supervisor Management Classes (HR) 30 OSHA presented "OSHA Basics" to the Nanotechnology class 16 OSHA worked with CVTC for a Safety Day at the Chippewa Campus 79 OSHA assisted in an OSHA 10 Hour course 8 OSHA presented "OSHA Basics" for the Residential Construction class at the Eau Claire Campus 15 TOTAL 430
- Upcoming Milestones
- CVTC-OSHA will host a SAFETY DAY for Fall 2014. Discussed adding public sector safety and involving the public safety instructor. Discussed including Workplace Violence for Human Resource personnel.
- Re-establish outreach for in the Farm Management Program to reach the Agricultural sector and vulnerable workers.
Report Prepared by: Mary M. Bauer, Eau Claire OSHA, Compliance Assistance Specialist
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to OSHA's website.